A birth injury is any harm done to an infant during the birthing process. The birthing process is incredibly complicated and delicate, making it difficult for even the most experienced healthcare professional to perform.
A birth injury can be complicated to deal with. If your child was unfortunately harmed by a healthcare professional during the birthing process, you might be wondering what you can do. The Dallas birth injury lawyers of The Philadelphia birth injury attorney can help you determine if you have a case and help you hold those responsible for your child’s injuries accountable.
What to look for in a birth injury attorney
There are many qualities to look for in a birth injury attorney. Some of the most important qualities include the following:
- Compassion: A birth injury attorney should be compassionate towards their clients. They should be able to understand the emotional toll that a birth injury can take on a family.
- Dedication: A birth injury attorney should be dedicated to their clients. They should be willing to work hard to get the best possible outcome for their clients.
- Experience: A birth injury attorney should have experience handling cases like yours. They should know the ins and outs of the legal process and be able to guide you through it.
- Resources: A birth injury attorney should have the resources necessary to get the job done. They should have a network of experts that they can call on to help with your case.
- Results: A birth injury attorney should have a proven track record of success. They should be able to show you examples of cases they have handled in the past and the results they were able to achieve.
How does a birth injury lawyer help in a birth injury case?
- The first step a birth injury attorney will take is to gather all of the relevant medical records and bills related to the birth injury.
- The attorney will then review the records to determine if there is a potential claim.
- If the attorney believes there is a claim, they will meet with the parents to discuss their options and explain the legal process.
- The attorney will then investigate the birth injury’s circumstances to gather evidence to support the claim.
- The attorney will then file a lawsuit on behalf of the parents and child and begin the process of litigating the case.