The popularity of CBD has seen a huge increase over recent years. The advertised CBD content of products in the market and the CBD content determined by a third-party lab test are highly contrasting. This calls for a need for better testing standards industry-wide. In this article, we’ll focus on Third Party CBD Lab Testing and why it’s important.
What Does 3rd Party Lab Tested Mean?
Third-party testing CBD is a process by which a separate entity examines the products of another company with no bias regarding that product. The purpose of CBD product testing is to confirm the product’s chemical characteristics and determine the following:
click here –3 Fun Things to do After The Pandemic
- The exact components or impurities found in the CBD product
- The accuracy of the CBD product’s packaging in accordance with the actual contents of the product
How to Test CBD Oil?
The main ways to test CBD tincture potency are by using either Gas Chromatography (GC) or High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC).
- Gas Chromatography (GC) offers speed and simplicity in detecting common cannabinoids like THC, CBD, or cannabinol (CBN). This method involves heating the cannabis product to provide insight into the potency of different cannabinoids in this form. However, the use of heat prevents acid forms of cannabinoids like THCA or CBDA to be detected.
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) detects the acid molecules of major cannabinoids in their initial form. With the help of an ultraviolet wavelength detector, HPLC instruments can easily identify cannabinoids. HPCL works well when the various forms of cannabinoids are in their free form or acidic state. HPLC is often chosen over Gas Chromatography (GC).
CBD Lab Testing Costs
CBD lab testing cost varies significantly depending on the lab, the type of tests, and the number of tests performed. Research shows that most companies charge around $50 per individual test on a sample. However, in-depth testing, involving multiple different types of tests can cost around 100 – $300.
The Importance of CBD Third Party Testing
- It ensures toxin-free quality products
Third-party lab testing CBD helps wholesalers and consumers to determine the exact ingredients in their products. CBD products should have no residual toxins, pesticides, heavy metals, or other contaminants.
- It helps ascertain THC levels
CBD manufacturers meet consumer expectations by putting the right quantities of all ingredients. This also includes low THC and high CBD. Third-party CBD testing can help determine whether CBD products have the correct CBD to THC ratio.
- It helps CBD manufacturers gain a competitive advantage
Independent laboratories are a major way for CBD companies to gain a competitive advantage in an otherwise competitive market. Once your products are certified by a trustworthy CBD lab testing company, potential consumers will trust your brand and buy more products.
click here – What types of background checks are there
Due to the high uncertainty surrounding the regulation of CBD products, you are sure to buy CBD products with discounts that have third party laboratories testing. This testing CBD ensures a risk-free CBD consumption and assures users of the authenticity of their products.
Michael Levin is a CBD enthusiast, a researcher, writer and editor in the cannabis space, experienced CBD user and educator. He believes CBD can help improve our overall health and wellbeing.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit WhatIsMeaningOf
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit WhatIsss
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit disadvantagess