Enterprises may find it challenging to migrate to the Oracle Cloud, and more than 80% of migrations, according to Oracle, go over budget. It is critical to form a strategy for management of cloud migration. This article highlights the overall risks that are involved in data migration and how to neutralise those risks. Let us look at the various benefits of oracle test automation platform.
- Clear Migration Scope: Companies typically struggle to identify the exact limits of an EBS migration to Oracle Cloud, causing them to waste time and money testing processes that do not genuinely require testing. A specified migration scope ensures that your testing is confined to the operations that need to be addressed. Opkey is one of the best platforms where businesses can automate Oracle Cloud testing in a short period of time.
- Recognizing existing procedures and setups: To prevent business interruption after a migration, ensure sure you have accurate documentation of your “as-is” processes and that they are integrated with the Cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding Process Deviations: Although EBS customers routinely change and improve the operation of their own business processes, Oracle Cloud provides minimal opportunities for customization. To ensure that nothing breaks during the transfer, organisations must have a thorough understanding of their current integrations and processes.
- Business process maps: Organizations need to have clear process maps throughout their EBS environment that can be integrated with processes in Oracle Cloud to offer corporate clarity in order to minimise post-migration chaos, ambiguity, and blame. Organizations, on the other hand, usually fail to provide a visual representation of their own activities, leaving a lot to chance and, consequently, risk.
- Report Validation: A Successful Oracle Cloud Migration Requires Report Validation. However, choosing how or what to verify may be difficult for firms. Without the right tools, validation attempts can lead to erratic test cycles, confusion about what has been done, and project delays.
- Integrity checks: Most Oracle Cloud solutions have EDI, CRM, HCM, and SCM app connectivity. To guarantee a successful transition, businesses must thoroughly understand their links to the Oracle Cloud.
- The role-based security paradigm that encompasses Job Roles and Abstract Roles forms the foundation of Oracle Cloud security. Security SOD Permissions Validation By definition, these positions need a high degree of function and data security division of tasks (SOD). To validate all 500 Function/Data security rights that make up a single Security Role, enterprises must be well prepared.
Even though it primarily caters to native users, Oracle provides minimum entry barriers for Non-Oracle clients considering shifting to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure due to its proven potential for high cloud performance. Moving to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is undoubtedly the greatest option for EBS users, even when competing with industry behemoths like AWS.
However, research shows that the benefits of Oracle migration to Cloud Infrastructure for non-EBS users are comparable to those of moving to AWS, particularly in terms of cost, performance, and security. Moving to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure results in exceptional flexibility, stability, security, and performance, as well as the ability to do so at a lower total cost of ownership than many other options.